Today we celebrate the four-year anniversary of Pets for Patriots and everyone who made this day possible.
Since our launch in 2010 and with the help of a tireless Board of Directors, a small army of volunteers, sponsors, supporters and donors from across the country, as well as friends of every stripe, we have accomplished some wonderful things together:
- Met and surpassed our milestone 500th honorable adoption (529 and counting)
- Expanded our adoption and veterinary partner network to 38 states, bringing us closer to our goal to be in every state by the end of 2015
- Accepted as a National charity in the Combined Federal Campaign, a workplace charitable giving program for federal workers (our CFC # 49553)
- Listed in The Patriots Initiative Directory as one of the most trustworthy and accountable military/veteran charities
- Attained Gold Star Exchange status with Guidestar, a recognized listing of nonprofit organizations dedicated to financial transparency
When the idea for Pets for Patriots first took shape it was 2009, the economy was the worst most of us had seen in our lifetimes; not exactly the ideal time to launch a nonprofit.
With the support of volunteer advisors and pro bono contributors, Pets for Patriots was founded to serve two populations with complimentary needs: shelter pets at risk of death who needed a forever home, and veterans at all career stages in need of a new pet friend.
Thank you for taking this journey with us. Whether you are a new friend or a long-time supporter, we hope you’ll take this opportunity to help us get to our next anniversary so that we can save even more lives of pet and person together.
Find your way to give back to those who have given so much to all of us by helping them find, save and care for their new best friend.
Beth Zimmerman | founder + executive director