- The millions of people around the country who dedicate themselves to ending animal homelessness.
- Fresh evidence that companion animals deliver real emotional and physical health benefits to people of all ages and stages of life.
- Recognition within the armed forces that pets are an integral and important part of military families.
- Growth of pet fostering, which provides short- and long-term temporary homes to pets in need, including those of military members who are deployed overseas.
- Greater public awareness of animal cruelty, which is leading to stricter laws nationwide against animal abusers.
- The first U.S. pet therapy dogs to be deployed to a war zone, bringing comfort to our fighting men and women.
- Increased recognition of the unique benefits of adult pets, who have much love and life to give.
- The many people who are donating their time and talent to bring Pets for Patriots to life.
- The inherent goodness in so many people that I’ve discovered as we build and are poised launch this charity.
- Good health, and the family and friends that make life worth living.
As we approach Thanksgiving we’d like to share the things for which we are grateful: