It’s been a little too long since I wrote on our blog; time is really flying! Been very busy behind the scenes.
Here’s what we’ve been up to lately:
- In talks with a major veterinary group about joining our network; they’d provide reduced cost care to our member Patriots’ adopted adult pets
- Invited by a major not-for-profit, headquartered in the Midwest to present our program to a regional alliance of animal shelters
- Chatting tomorrow with a related charity about how we can support one another
- Interviewed this morning for Daybreak USA radio show – check out the podcast or download the interview to iTunes!
- Spoke to a friend who specializes in professional scavenger hunts; thinking about doing one in New York City
- Invited to be a guest on a regional cable TV show about pets; will schedule this once we have some successful adoptions to share
- A thousand other things I can’t remember right now!
Speaking of adoptions, we’re actively looking for a few military families in the NYC area who are interested in pet adoption. We’ll work with them to secure the adoption and reduced cost veterinary care, and follow up with them to hear how they’re new best friend is enhancing their lives.
If you know someone – a service member who is active, reserve, retired or veteran – please have them contact us right away (if not sooner)!